Learn More About
- What Are Catch‐Up Contributions Really Worth?
- Moving Into a Nursing Home Facility
- Should You Change Jobs or Stay the Course?
- The Things Most Likely to Kill Us
- Sometimes the Pundits Get It Wrong
- Retirement Blindspots
- Why Are We Saving More and Spending Less?
- How Can You Make Your Retirement Money Last?
- Monthly Economic Update
- How Millennials Can Get a Good Financial Start
- How Millennials Can Get a Good Start on Retirement Planning
- Should You Reduce Risk Exposure as You Get Older?
- Tell Your Beneficiaries About Your Accounts and Policies
- Why Aren't You Maxin Out Your 401(k)?
- Saving for College and Retirement
- Wisdom from Warren Buffett
- Should You Downsize for Retirement?
- Why Roth IRA Conversions Can Make Sense in a Down Market
- Explaining the Basis of Inherited Real Estate
- Money Concerns for Those Remarrying
- Terrorism & the Financial Markets
- Financial Planning with Health Insurance in Mind
- The IRS Changes to 529 Plans
- College Funding Options
- ABLE Accounts for Loved Ones with Disabilities
- Should You Plan to Retire on 80% of Your Income?
- Reducing the Risk of Outliving Your Money
Good planning provides peace of mind.
Retirement planning is a major financial investment so many considerations, so many variables, so much information to acquire and digest. Of utmost importance: finding the right advisor a professional who is honest and knowledgeable, objective and can give you the time, care and insight you want, need and deserve.
An advisor with integrity who puts clients needs first always.
Tim Hucks follows two guiding principles in business: 1) Integrity first, foremost and always; and 2) The client comes first your concerns and needs supersede all else. This is why university professors and other professionals have relied on him for more than 28 years.
Toward a comfortable retirement.
Tim wants the best for you. He values growth, but he is more interested in protecting the wealth you work so hard for. His financial knowledge and expertise help you plan with confidence that the money will last.
Tax-efficient investing and estate planning.
Tim favors planning that allows you to keep more and give the government less. He protects your money from tax erosion for you and your heirs. Good planning provides security and peace of mind for all concerned. A well-crafted wealth transfer plan ensures family stability for the next generation.
Professional resources at your fingertips.
Quite often, there are business and legal matters that need addressing. Tim has relationships with legal and accounting experts for any issue that may arise. In fact, most clients join Tim via referrals from you, your colleagues and business professionals.
Financial relationships for life.
Tim wants to be your financial steward, not sell you a financial product. He follows the Golden Rule. He offers advice, guidance and execution, to help you understand your situation – to review and adjust your portfolio as needed, to manage risk, to defer or reduce income, to avoid capital gains and unnecessary tax liability.
Listening and responding to you.
Call or e-mail Tim today. Tell him you need a university retirement specialist to help guide you to a comfortable retirement.
More than a financial advisor, count on him through all economic tides.
Tim is actively involved with three local non-profits.
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world, one child and one community at a time. Tim has been a volunteer and regional leader in Kiwanis since 1990. He is Treasurer for the Hillsborough Kiwanis Club; he served as its President in 1997-98; and he served as Lieutenant Governor for Carolinas District of Kiwanis International for three terms 1998-99, 2005-06 and 2011-12. Tim is very active with "Terrific Kids," a student recognition program that promotes character development, self-esteem, and perseverance. To learn more, visit kiwanis.org.
Volunteers for Youth has provided services in Orange County since 1981, helping at-risk youth become contributing members of the community by cultivating strengths, encouraging positive relationships, and developing the ability to make responsible choices. As a member of the Board of Directors since 2009, he actively supports important mentoring, community service and teen court programs. He chairs the annual Larry Fedora Golf Tournament. To learn more, visit volunteersforyouth.org.
Open Table Ministry seeks to provide a faithful response to homelessness in our community and to improve the quality of life for homeless persons by building relationships, meeting practical needs, and connecting with existing resources. It strives to foster a community where everyone is valued and all people's spiritual, physical and emotional needs are met. Volunteers provide critical assistance, specialized support and radical friendships. Tim serves as Vice President on its Board of Directors. To learn more, visit opentableministry.com.