Learn More About
- Can the Market Ride Through the Greek Debt Crisis?
- Taking a Loan from Your Retirement Plan = Bad Idea
- You Could Retire, But Should You?
- The New Gradual Retirement
- Long-Term Investment Truths
- Reasons Not to Write Your Own Will
- The U.S. Savings Bond Tax Trap
- Are Your Kids Delaying Your Retirement?
- IRA Rollovers for Lump Sum Pension Payouts
- The Fine Art of Flexible Estate Planning
- Getting It All Together for Retirement
- Retirement Planning Can Start with an IRA
- Looking Back at the Impact of ATRA
- Estate Planning for Your Digital Assets
- Special Needs Trust
- Protecting Yourself Against Cyber Attacks
- Are You Retiring Within the Next Five Years?
- Is It Time for Life Insurance?
- If Interest Rates Rise, What Happens to Bonds?
- Why Does Family Wealth Fade Away?
- Major Risks to Family Wealth
- Why You Should Look for a Registered Investment Advisor
- The Difference Between Good & Bad Debt
- The Value of Double-Checking Your Retirement Strategy
- The A, B, C and D of Medicare
- How Can Women Save More for Retirement?
- Are You Underprepared for Retirement?
Good planning provides peace of mind.
Retirement planning is a major financial investment so many considerations, so many variables, so much information to acquire and digest. Of utmost importance: finding the right advisor a professional who is honest and knowledgeable, objective and can give you the time, care and insight you want, need and deserve.
An advisor with integrity who puts clients needs first always.
Tim Hucks follows two guiding principles in business: 1) Integrity first, foremost and always; and 2) The client comes first your concerns and needs supersede all else. This is why university professors and other professionals have relied on him for more than 28 years.
Toward a comfortable retirement.
Tim wants the best for you. He values growth, but he is more interested in protecting the wealth you work so hard for. His financial knowledge and expertise help you plan with confidence that the money will last.
Tax-efficient investing and estate planning.
Tim favors planning that allows you to keep more and give the government less. He protects your money from tax erosion for you and your heirs. Good planning provides security and peace of mind for all concerned. A well-crafted wealth transfer plan ensures family stability for the next generation.
Professional resources at your fingertips.
Quite often, there are business and legal matters that need addressing. Tim has relationships with legal and accounting experts for any issue that may arise. In fact, most clients join Tim via referrals from you, your colleagues and business professionals.
Financial relationships for life.
Tim wants to be your financial steward, not sell you a financial product. He follows the Golden Rule. He offers advice, guidance and execution, to help you understand your situation – to review and adjust your portfolio as needed, to manage risk, to defer or reduce income, to avoid capital gains and unnecessary tax liability.
Listening and responding to you.
Call or e-mail Tim today. Tell him you need a university retirement specialist to help guide you to a comfortable retirement.
More than a financial advisor, count on him through all economic tides.
Tim is actively involved with three local non-profits.
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world, one child and one community at a time. Tim has been a volunteer and regional leader in Kiwanis since 1990. He is Treasurer for the Hillsborough Kiwanis Club; he served as its President in 1997-98; and he served as Lieutenant Governor for Carolinas District of Kiwanis International for three terms 1998-99, 2005-06 and 2011-12. Tim is very active with "Terrific Kids," a student recognition program that promotes character development, self-esteem, and perseverance. To learn more, visit kiwanis.org.
Volunteers for Youth has provided services in Orange County since 1981, helping at-risk youth become contributing members of the community by cultivating strengths, encouraging positive relationships, and developing the ability to make responsible choices. As a member of the Board of Directors since 2009, he actively supports important mentoring, community service and teen court programs. He chairs the annual Larry Fedora Golf Tournament. To learn more, visit volunteersforyouth.org.
Open Table Ministry seeks to provide a faithful response to homelessness in our community and to improve the quality of life for homeless persons by building relationships, meeting practical needs, and connecting with existing resources. It strives to foster a community where everyone is valued and all people's spiritual, physical and emotional needs are met. Volunteers provide critical assistance, specialized support and radical friendships. Tim serves as Vice President on its Board of Directors. To learn more, visit opentableministry.com.